In starting up of a Traditional Qatari Café it is important to understand the implication of a Marketing Mix as a business (marketing) model applied by business corporations in implementing marketing strategies. The strategies are adjustable and can often be caned to meet the demands of customers and the business marketing sphere. In the early 1960s, Prof. Jerome McCarthy (Michigan State University) highlighted the 4 facets in Marketing Mix, commonly referred to simply as 4Ps, that is, product, price, place and promotion.
The start up a Traditional Qatari Café has to apply the facet of marketing which is concerned wit the actualization of goods and/or services, as related to the customers needs. It was previous argued that a good product or service will sell itself. But in the highly competitive markets of today, there may be no bad products .Therefore the obvious questions regarding product include:
- Do the products meet the customer’s needs?
- What are the features of the products or services tat meet the needs of our clients?
This is a process that involves making decision on the prices of goods and/or services together with the preferred discounts on the products. The objective ere is to work on a pricing strategy best suited for both the clients and the business firm. This strategy begs to ask the questions:
- How much is the customer willing to pay?
- How much profit are we intending to gain?
This simply refers to the process through which the h-goods and services reach the customers (the market).This facet is sometimes referred to as Place, implying, a channel through which a product or service gets to the targeted clients (i.e. via online or by retail). It poses questions like:
- Is the product or service accessible at the right place?
- Is there enough quantity of the product or the service at the reach of customers?
Promotion is the process or the act of keeping the products or services in the minds of the customers to help stimulate demands for the products or services. The ongoing activities of advertising, public relations and sales have often been considered as aspects of promotion. Under this final facet, we are confronted wit questions such as:
- How are the target audiences or the customers informed about our products and services?
- How best can we make them not to easily forget about our products and services?
The above four elements generally referred to as the marketing mix, which a marketer apply when strategizing a marketing campaign. These modes (4Ps) are useful when marketing products and services.